If you're unfamiliar with Medicaid, at The Law Offices of David F. Andersen, P.A., in Miami can provide you with the help and knowledge that you need in order to become familiar with Medicaid. First and foremost, Medicaid provides low-income Florida families with medical insurance (free or low-cost) in order for Florida residents have at least a basic level of medical care. There are many steps in the process of acquiring this type of medical insurance that can be difficult at times, but having an experienced Florida lawyer by your side will make it easier.
To qualify for Medicaid, you must meet one of the following:
- You’re a low-income family with a child, or children
- Child-only coverage
- Non-U.S. citizens who have a medical emergency
- You meet the required age or are currently disabled
A Low-Income Family in Florida with Children can qualify if:
- Your family’s income is below the Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Your (countable) assets are less than $2,000
Qualifications for Children Only (Under 19):
- Under age 1 with family income less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Ages 1 through 5 with family income less than 133% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Ages 6 through 18 with family income less than 100% of the federal poverty guidelines
Qualifications for Pregnant Women:
- Family income must be less than 185% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Proof that you’re a U.S. Citizen and that you are pregnant
Qualifications for Non-Citizens with Medical Emergencies:
- Non-citizens who are not in the U.S. can receive Medicaid for emergencies only
Qualifications for Aged of Disabled Citizens:
- Individuals who are residents in the State of Florida that receiving SSI payments from Social Security automatically qualify for Medicaid.
If you are looking to acquire Medicaid knowledge through an experience Miami attorney, get in contact with one of our South Florida Medicaid Attorneys at The Law Offices of David F. Andersen, P.A. Call either (305) 825-4052 or (877) 456-0818 to speak with an experienced Medical Care Lawyer in Florida.